Sir Alastair Burnet
He was very kind to attend my book discussion of The Economics of Killing at Hilton Hotel London on 25th April, 2012. [Read more...]
Pulitzer Price Winning author and peace activist Alice Walker presents a submission to Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board quoting Vijay Mehta's new book 'The Economics of Killing' [Read more...] June, 2012
How Weapons Sales Caused the 2008 Financial Crisis Commenting on the Occupy Wall St protests recently, the anti-war activist Matthew Good complained that protesters were wasting their time camping in downtown Manhattan [Read more...]
How Western Countries fuel war and poverty in Asia
The Birmingham UNA book discussion of The Economics of Killing - 10 July 2012
Vijay Mehta went to Kendal to attend the book launch of Luckshan Abeysuriya's book title 'The UN War Crimes Tribunal in former Yugoslavia' some of the prominent speakers who gave contribution Luckshan Abeysuriya, (Author), John Bateson former Kendal Mayor and chair, Dr Barbra Long Tonge and Vijay Mehta chair Uniting for Peace. Vijay Mehta also wrote the foreward to the Luckshan's book
Ufp Newsletter - June 2012 is now available online click on the link to read it.
Book review: The Economics of Killing
Must Capitalism be Murderous ?
Morning Star book review of The Economics of Killing Wednesday 16 May 2012 by John Green
The Economics of Killing: How the West Fuels War and
Vijay Mehta gives a radio interview in Hague Netherlands
A visiting peace activists says The Hague should put disarmament back on the political agenda
Vijay Mehta is travelling to Hague for his book launch at the Dutch Press Centre on Tuesday 10th April, 2012 5:00pm – 7.30pm. Below is his speech
The Road to Peace
Vijay Mehta on Colourful Radio
Speech on 'Christianity and Peace' given by Rev. Brian G Cooper, Churches & Inter-Faith Secretary of Uniting for Peace, at the inter-faith Peace Conference held in Edinburgh on Sunday October 9 2011 by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community of Edinburgh on the theme 'Love for All, Hatred for None'.
- War on Iran has already begun Read more
- Pitching Africa, bringing together African Artists, entrepreneurs and leaders with philanthropists and investors - Vijay Mehta's speech.
- Read an interesting article on Arms Sales and Occupy Wall Street Protests by our Chair on Topstoryonline.com
- Some Extracts from a workshop at the pilgrimage to peace event last year by Rev. Brian Cooper - Churches and interfaith secretary, Uniting for Peace
- Hanaa Edwar and Peter Becker received Sean MacBride Peace Prize by International Peace Bereau at Potsdam.
- World Peace Conference Berlin 2011 Report by Hur Hassnain
- Read UFP'S latest Newsletter, Summer 2011
- New Thinking of a Innovative Practice - Articulating the Paradigm of Justice and Sustainability - Click